Hog In a Me Minte ???
Matty
2003-10-15 22:16:43 UTC
OK, I give up - what does it mean ?

I have a theory first...

The record I'm singing is the Hippy Boys and the lyric is

Hog in a me minte
Im a root out me coco
Hog in a me minte
Im a dig out me coco

All them young gal
Who no have no body
See that man deh
Im a look somebody..

(or something along those lines, and then the same with the male transposing the female).

I though maybe the hog digging the minte/coco was a (representation) of someone looking in my patch
for something, perhaps a simile for some stray person looking to sh*g my woman/man/partner.

Is this totally off the wall ?

I know there's a Coco Tea (and perhaps more) recording with the same or similar title, but it's not
the one I'm hearing.

Matty
Allen Kaatz
2003-10-15 23:29:59 UTC
I could be mistaken, but don't think there is any great hidden meaning
there... other than a pig getting loose in the garden. This is a very
old mento lyric that really has nothing to do with the Hippy Boys
other than the fact that they used the lyrics.

Al

Matty
ras adam simeon
2003-10-16 01:16:02 UTC
I think its cho cho which is a green, i think. maybe the same as pop
cho? jamaican for bok choy. a

whappen mumma mek yer mout so long? ...: )
Allen Kaatz
2003-10-16 19:14:08 UTC
No I think it's coco, as in chocolate.

Al
Filthy Rich
2003-10-17 10:20:04 UTC
Post by Allen Kaatz
No I think it's coco, as in chocolate.
Al
Not correct. Matty's wife is right. Coco is the name given to various
kinds of root vegetable.

Filthy Rich
Music House
ras adam simeon
2003-10-16 01:19:38 UTC
oh i just saw a picture of a cho cho , it's not a green like pop
cho(bok choy). its a lite green veg that looks like one in new orleans
we call merliton or natives call chayote. a
Carol Ott
2003-10-16 12:43:01 UTC
Tastes like potato....kinda.

Carol
jah bill
2003-10-16 06:40:49 UTC
i think you have the general idea, some man rooting around in some womans
patch so to speak.

hog inna minty: nitty gritty may be another youve heard of.

--

one love
rasta 4 I
Post by Matty
for something, perhaps a simile for some stray person looking to sh*g my woman/man/partner.
Is this totally off the wall ?
I know there's a Coco Tea (and perhaps more) recording with the same or
similar title, but it's not
Post by Matty
the one I'm hearing.
Matty
Matty
2003-10-16 19:37:32 UTC
Post by jah bill
i think you have the general idea, some man rooting around in some womans
patch so to speak.
hog inna minty: nitty gritty may be another youve heard of.
Hey Bill, yes I have that one (one of my more recent purchases, only about 17/18 years old !-)

That's what I read into it.

BTW, my wife told me that Coco is what Jamaican people call what she knows as eddoe, but I dunno if
that's 100% correct.

Thanks all - at least I'm not missing some fine joke.

Matty
Old broom
2003-10-21 21:52:07 UTC
White, Joe Hog In A Cocoa Treasure Isle

"You can know a rude chap
By the way he set his cap."
jah bill
2003-10-22 03:18:11 UTC
and then prince fari used near identical lyrics...

--

one love
rasta 4 I